www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: When the Fishing Reports Start?

Default When Will The Fishing Reports Start?

I am looking forward to reading a Fishing Report from Witch Bay. I understand it can get pretty busy at the start of the season---but can a recent visitor, current visitor or guide give us an idea of conditions and fishing.

Surely you can take a break from hooking into all the large walleye, smallmouth, northern… etc. I will be up in four (4) weeks. This will be my twentieth (20) consecutive year of visiting camp.
    Last edited by rlw; 06-11-2014 at 01:44 PM.

June 10 -
    Water temps starting to warm up. I've been her since Saturday June 7th. We've had cold/wind/rain off and on most days. Today was the first sunny warm day (although very windy). Water temps are anywhere from low to mid 60's depending on where you go. Smallies are not up shallow and on the feed yet but are moving there daily. They can be found in the 7 - 10 ft range with SOME smaller "buck bass" moving shallower than that. Walleyes are scattered and recovering from the spawn. We are catching them anywhere from 7ft to 30 ft. Sometime we catch them in with the smallies and sometime on the slow tapering points. We are not finding concentrations of them. The ones we do catch (17-20") are all still long and skinny. The smallies we catch are "little piggies", fat and sassy and ready for the spawn.
    Hope this report helps. In 4 weeks EVERYTHING will change and the smallies will have moved out deeper and the walleyes will be on the main lake humps, assuming the weather stays as predicted.

Thanks Brian for your thorough report.
    rlw