www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Low Profile Reels

Default Low Profile Reels

Ty,
    I was wondering if you still like low profile reels. I am considering buying a Curado 300E or 300EJ. Which one of the two would you recommend or neither? Any other brand/model instead? FYI - I have a Calcutta 400B and a couple of old Presidents. Would mainly use this for small/mid sized bucktails and twitchbaits. Any one else have some input too? Thanks in advance.

The Curado EJ is one of the best built reels ever. It will be perfect for what you are looking for. The new Revo NaCl is also really nice. That one is also bulletproof. Hammernick and I used that reel all last year with no problems and that's throwing pounders and cowgirls. Probably the best Cowgirl reel there is.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Thanks for the info Ty. Do you have the 5.4 or 6.4 gear ratio on the Toro? Which would you recommend for my use if I already have a reel with a power handle for throwing cowgirls. Thanks again.

Ross:

I am not Ty so take it for its worth... although I did spend a couple years at Rollie and Helens, but if you have a reel that suits you for cowgirls and other biggies, then I would get a high speed reel for burning bucktails, fast line pick-up for jerk/glide baits, etc.

Mark