Wow, weather has really turned around....instant summer...

WALLEYES:

These guys are biting pretty much anywhere and everywhere. The deep lakes are still producing fish around rocks/gravel, but for the most part I am fishing new weeds, old weeds, and wood anywhere I can find it. Mainly using jig/minnow combos, but some days the bite has been a little short, so I've been "dead hooking" my minnows using an 1/8 oz Odd Ball jig and large fathead....eliminates the short hit, and sometimes allows for multiply fish on one minnow. As the water temps climb, leeches and then crawlers with come into play...however, I would prefer a 365 minnow bite. Some days the walleyes have been so active, that I've down very well with swim baits and Gulp!. Doesn't hurt to try.

SMB and LMB:

Depending upon water temp and depth, these guys are spawning or staging to spawn everywhere. Look to the shallows and use plastics! Bass are great and fun to catch...especially on these hot flat days, sight fishing conditions at their best. Powerbait tubes, Kalin's Grubs and Wack-o-Worms are all working great.

CRAPPIES:

The slaughter of the Northwoods continues another year....enough said....however, they are biting well.

MUSKIES:

I've seen several muskies still paired up over the past week....however, some are done, and biting. It has been hit or miss. Did a little sight fishing for them this past week with a little success for the time put in. A good buddy and his son fish the same lake and got 3 up to 43" sight fishing the whole day.

The shallower lakes than have more advanced weed growth and wooded shorelines are see more musky activity. Small to medium gliders, twitch baits, and smaller single bladed bucktails are getting the action.

WATER TEMPS:

Large deep lakes surface 56-58, small protected bays anywhere 65-66....just remember this is surface, it cools down really fast 5' down....

GOOD LUCK OUT THERE!!