www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Insectosaurus

Default Insectosaurus

Hello all. How have the bugs been so far this year? Last years mosquitoes have become the stuff of legend in our memories. I'm heading up in mid June with the family for a couple of weeks and hoping we see much less of those pesky parasites this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyPhil View Post
    Hello all. How have the bugs been so far this year? Last years mosquitoes have become the stuff of legend in our memories. I'm heading up in mid June with the family for a couple of weeks and hoping we see much less of those pesky parasites this time around.

Welp u may be disapointed. This past weekend i was in the minocqua area and the mosquitoes were the worse i have seen them in awhile. Trying to load the boat in the morning and evenings it was unbelievable.

Well.. Thanks for the update, even if its not the news I was hoping to hear. Bugs or no bugs, a day on the Flowage still beats any day at the office.

On Monday evening, the bugs were ungodly thick... as bad as they have ever been. Then, the air changed - got drier, not really cooler, but drier. Made all the difference - minimal buggage. I will warn you that water is everywhere in the woods and brush, this is going to be a very bad year. Just got to spray up and take it, Flambeau is still worth it.