www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: TFF Update

Default TFF Update

After a successful half day of smallie fishing on Sunday, Monday was spent walleye fishing with guests Jim and John and the walleye were there to greet us. Using Reeves weedless jigs tipped with either 1/2 crawler or fatheads, we found many aggressive eyes, mostly in 10 feet of water over hard bottom with scattered submerged stumps and rock. These areas were surrounded by at least 13 feet of water so I guess one could call them a hump. We did try other areas, such as wind blown shorelines and done some drifting over 13 to 15 feet of water but found nothing there. By 11:30, after boating 20 or so eyes and keeping our limits of nice keepers, we spent the rest of the day using plastics and chasing the smallies and came up with a decent amount of them, not as many caught as the day before, but some were larger females.

Back out on Wednesday, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
    715-776-0098
    dpemble@centurytel.net
    Don Pemble

Don, what is the current water temp. range?

Bret:

I was up on Sat. and we were seeing upper 50's to low 60's... Assuming that things have gone up since then as well.

Mark

Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Butternut,Wisconsin

The water temperature is 63.5 degrees. For updates see:http://xcelenergy.com/About_Us/Our_C...eSelected=true

Water temps as of yesterday was averaging 65 degrees, might be somewhat cooler in main lake basins such as Baraboo, Lake Bastine, etc.
    Don Pemble

Hi Don, Could you help us out and explain a bit more about "using plastics and chasing the smallies"? We'll be on the TFF over the weekend and would love to CPR a few of those legendary "footballs".
    Thanks, Mark707

Hi Mark,

All we were throwing were Mister Twisters along with swimbaits with paddle tails, they worked great and we were just working shorelines, mostly with visible rock or wood, you should do well.
    Don Pemble

I would try some texas rigged senko type worms and tubes. I have been successful with both. Just my .02