The ice left Kakagi (Crow) Lake this past Wednesday.... so we are all working on our open water fishing around here!

Most of the groups in fishing this week are very experienced and pretty successful. Nearly 1/2 have been on Lake of the Woods and 1/2 on Kakagi.

Some are casting shore lines, most are using live bait.

Walleye - bite has been all over the map with every boat having different results each day. I think each boat has had a tough day, a day of lots of small Walleyes and a pretty good day with some decent sized Walleyes. Every has been in Stevens and Miles Bays. 29" was biggest I heard.

Northern Pike - all the groups seem to agree they are catching Pike, but not like normal and tougher bite so far. 40" was biggest.

Bass - in Stevens Bay - one of the boats has been struggling a little with Northern Pike and says they are catching Bass like crazy.

Perch - some big deep bellied Perch have been making their way to a few fry pans!

Crappies - sounds like they are moving back in - some colder days pushed them out for awhile.

The other 1/2 the camp has been on Kakagi after the Lake Trout...

Lake Trout - Jigging the bottom half of slopes that go up to 40' humps and have deep hole side 80'-90'. Has been good. -- I caught 2 and lost 1 when I had a hour+ to fish and John caught 3 and lost 7 in 4 hour fish.

Only one boat struggling with jigging, but Randy will try harder and he will do just fine. (I think Randy is spotting me a lead for the Lake Trout) :-)

Trolling cowbells.... very slow last few days, but was the hot item the week before.

Trolling crankbaits.... great for some and tough for others.

No "bankers" this weekend.... thinking it will be a viable option for a couple weeks ahead.

Best Lake Trout was 17 pounds this weekend. That is two 15 pound or better already this year! :-)

------

Anglers Pro Shop... has changed hands... very quickly in the last few weeks. Luke is the new man in charge and it sounds like Phil is going to take Cindy fishing at least once before he works on his new venture of farming. I think Luke will be real busy for awhile just trying to get a gasp on everything. Luke seems like a very nice person to have in the store.

Regards,