www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Memorial Week End Results

Default Memorial Week End Results

The first Holiday of the Summer season is in the books. The weather was beautiful. The lack of wind slowed the walleye bite during the day. The evening and night bite was very good. Trolling crank baits like #5 shad raps in water depths of 8 to 10 feet put several nice fish in the box. Warmer weather predicted for next week should bring the shiners into shallow water. Jig/shiners are still my choice of bait, but having some leeches and crawlers in the boat is a good move. Some times just changing the color of your jig will make a difference. Remember the slot is now 20 to 26 inches.

I didn't bass fish but reports look good with several nice fish caught during the opener.

Good luck, Murph
    Jim Murphy's Guide Service
    Jim Murphy

Web Site; http://www.jimmurphyguide.com

Thanks for the report Murph, Long time fan of the forum here and after a three year hiatus we are coming back to Leech for the family vacation June 7th through the 14th. We will be staying at a resort on Kabekona bay, I have one small concern though. My Lund has been replaced with a Lowe 14 foot tri hull Jon. It is very wide and deep though and (as long as the winds are not rocking) the waters of Kabekona don't worry me ; I plan on sticking to Kab and Benedict for the most part but will venture out to the sand flats of Walker Bay (again if the winds are right). Any advice from the posters on Kabekona and Benedict would be very much appreciated. Thanks again, Kevin
    Last edited by Spitnargue; 05-27-2014 at 02:10 AM.