It sure has been a busy May. Mother Nature's bi-polar pills must be kicking in. Weather is close to normal for South Dakota. Fishing has been excellent. Your numbers will depend on which reservoir you are fishing. More numbers on Francis Case. Better keeper ratio on Lake Sharpe. Bith minnows and crawlers are working now on bottom bouncers. Most days fishing in the 10 to 20 foot range.

Here is my log starting May 8th. Off today as my dad (Garry) is now in rotator cuff surgery.

May 8-19 I had a group out from Arcadia, IA. On day 1 we got chased off by Thunderstorms with hail twice. Fished in a 40 mph wind. Caught a dandy stringer of walleyes. On the 9th it was a much nicer day and had our limit of walleyes by 10:30 a.m.

On May 10th I had a couple out from Spearfish, SD. We caught a limit of walleyes and smallies. Very nice day on the water catching 35 to 40 fish.
May 11 I had a couple out from Bettendorf, IA. It took us some time to get our limit, but we caught a dandy string of walleyes and smallmouth in not very good weather. (Cold, Wind, and rain). We also caught 4 smallies over 18, with 1 over 19.5. Excellent fishing.

Off May 12 to to rain and 40 mph wind. 3 of us guides (not very smart people went out anyway). We must love to fish to go out in that.

May 13 I had a group out I have been guiding since I was 16. Pretty awesome day with limit by 10:30 a.m. Catching 70 plus fish.

May 14 I had a group out from Des Moines, IA. Really got on the fish that morning with limit by 9:15 a.m. pretty good stuff there.

May 15 I had a group out from Ft Dodge, IA. Excellent fishing trip. Catching 60 to 70 fish.

May 16-17. I had repeat customers of 15 years from Lincoln and Hastings, NE. Our boat caught 170 to 200 fish in 2 days. (Also done a video posted on our facebook page and hopefully website soon). On another note our guide service had 14 boats out Friday and 18 on Saturday, all catching their limits.

May 18-19. I had a group from Scottsbluff, NE. We caught 130 fish in 2 days. Very good trip and look forward to seeing you guys next year.

On a note we have updated our webpage. Hopefully some YouTube videos, and easier access to our pictures. Still have a few glitches but it is good for the most part. If there is anything else you would like let me know.

www.allenshillside.com

Until next time
Mike Allen