It is crazy.... but we still have quite a bit of ice on Kakagi (Crow) Lake. We have had people fishing the last few days and I caught the season's first Lake Trout and it weighed about 5 pounds. Tonight we can get around the peninsula and north to 2 Mile Island. At present, we can't get to the east end or north side of 2 Mile Island. The bay was almost cleared of ice when some east winds started pushing ice back into the bay. We have warm weather, rain and some winds in the forecast, but I don't know how long the ice will stick around. I'm just Thankful we have enough water for people to fish... when many places north of us will miss out on Walleye opener and the US Memorial Day weekend. That seems very crazy to me.

Stevens Bay does not have any ice and guests did not see any ice on Lake of the Woods on their route to fish Walleye Opener in Miles Bay. Everyone I talked with caught limits of Walleyes.. most were small, but a couple in the 5 pound range.

A few nice Crappies were caught... but they have not moved in yet for the spawn.

Expecting lots of groups fishing next weekend.

Regards,