John and Candy from Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin booked a trip on "Pete". They purchased a home near the Petenwell and were interested in how to safely navigate the lake and the up-river system. We toured the north end of the lake so I could show them areas to avoid and how to get to the river without problems. They especially were interested in the Chester Creek-Devil's Elbow area. As we navigated the river John was marking buoy locations that I have in my GPS, as well as a safe route into Chester, and the Elbow. We then proceeded up river to the dam so they could find a safe path there as well. We did do a little jigging and pulled flies for a while at Longview, Yellow Banks, and Browns Creek and boated some "shorties" and catfish. The water is still in the low to mid 50's and is really fast and dirty in the river. The pier is in at the Chester ramp, and I would think they will be putting the channel markers in soon as well. The weather for next week is looking really nice if we can take the forecast as accurate. Starting Sunday and the following week looks mostly sunny and highs in the mid to upper seventies, and lows in the mid to upper fifties.

Keep a tight line!!!

Jerry