www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: May 13th fishing report

Default May 13th fishing report

I had new client Brent out yesterday for an eight hour trip. We fished for walleye,pike,crappie, and bass. Brent just bought a place on the Chip so he wanted to try it all.. We caught a little bit of everything but the bass and crappie were really slow after the cold front came in. We caught a few walleye with the largest being a mid twenty inch fish. Probably should have done more walleye fishing but we had more species to find. Actually a nice break from my normal May routine. We caught a few pike but nothing of any real size. Look forward to taking Brent out again as he knows his way around a boat.

In the evening I took out Barb and Connie and Barb caught her largest fish ever with a 31 inch pike. Connie caught an 18 inch walleye. We filleted that one up along with the pike and one other pike. We caught three or four other small walleye. It rained on us about every ten minutes but they stuck it out and caught some fish.

No fishing today, back at it tomorrow.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Hey Ty,
    What are the water temps at this point.
    Thanks!
    Jesse

Quote Originally Posted by marshduck20 View Post
    Hey Ty,
    What are the water temps at this point.
    Thanks!
    Jesse
    Hey Ty:
    Was wondering the same thing about the water temps. Jeff, Lane and I will be up next
    Friday and staying through Monday. Curious if the Muskie have been spawning or not.
    We couldn't pass on the opener! Hopefully we can hookup with you sometime over the
    Memorial weekend.
    Chuck

The water temps crashed pretty hard last week but are coming back up. Yesterday the water temps were from 50 to 55 degrees. We are supposed to have some good weather the next few days so the temps in the bays are going to be near 60 and the main lake should be near 57 or 58 degrees.

The muskies have started to spawn but that was when the back bays were close to mid sixties. They backed off but will start spawning again this week and into the weekend. The crappie and bass will be hitting really well this weekend.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com