www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Opening Weekend fishing report

Default Opening Weekend fishing report

I fished with Rachel and some friends for the opener. Jason Hammernick and John Hoyer came over to fish with Rachel and I and we just crushed the big walleyes, small walleyes, and everywhere in between. The largest of our group was a 28 1/4 inch fish and lots of low to mid twenty inchers to go with lots of under twenty inch fish. The most fun was one morning when Jason, John, and I just crushed the little ones in the current areas. It was one after another with a lot of doubles. Nothing big for us in the current but fun as heck. I don't think it mattered what you used but the big fish were not going on live bait. You could catch as many 15 inchers as you wanted on minnows but the majority of the larger fish came on anything but minnows for Rachel and I and everyone around us. I'd say this was the most productive opener for big fish I've ever seen. There were streaks where everyone around us were reeling in fish. That's a good sign for a healthy fishery. Heck, even Buck Nasty caught a 28 incher and he's a crappie guide! Sorry Buck, couldn't resist. Great tournament from Deerfoot. Lots of laughs and good friends and family.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Ty:

Your weekend sounds like it was a great time!!! Some time, we'll get over there for some fun in the Deerfoot tourney.

Gotta pack for BeerCity tonight, but might try to get out for a bit tonight as well. A good portion of our Minocqua lakes are getting very close to being open if not...

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Sennett View Post
    I fished with Rachel and some friends for the opener. Jason Hammernick and John Hoyer came over to fish with Rachel and I and we just crushed the big walleyes, small walleyes, and everywhere in between. The largest of our group was a 28 1/4 inch fish and lots of low to mid twenty inchers to go with lots of under twenty inch fish. The most fun was one morning when Jason, John, and I just crushed the little ones in the current areas. It was one after another with a lot of doubles. Nothing big for us in the current but fun as heck. I don't think it mattered what you used but the big fish were not going on live bait. You could catch as many 15 inchers as you wanted on minnows but the majority of the larger fish came on anything but minnows for Rachel and I and everyone around us. I'd say this was the most productive opener for big fish I've ever seen. There were streaks where everyone around us were reeling in fish. That's a good sign for a healthy fishery. Heck, even Buck Nasty caught a 28 incher and he's a crappie guide! Sorry Buck, couldn't resist. Great tournament from Deerfoot. Lots of laughs and good friends and family.
    reminds me of time in the 70's where ice went out the day before opener and walleyes bit like crazy. Big ones in bays and smaller ones in river like the east fork. All I had to do was anchor and put a rapala on and the current did the rest. The time when I caught 3 fish on each hook of the rapala 3,2 and 1 1/2 lbs-- great fun. Got the stupid falling down disease again and recoving now but slow, hope it improves so I can get up there

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Sennett View Post
    You know what they say Sy Sennett about blind squirrels.......