I fished with Rachel and some friends for the opener. Jason Hammernick and John Hoyer came over to fish with Rachel and I and we just crushed the big walleyes, small walleyes, and everywhere in between. The largest of our group was a 28 1/4 inch fish and lots of low to mid twenty inchers to go with lots of under twenty inch fish. The most fun was one morning when Jason, John, and I just crushed the little ones in the current areas. It was one after another with a lot of doubles. Nothing big for us in the current but fun as heck. I don't think it mattered what you used but the big fish were not going on live bait. You could catch as many 15 inchers as you wanted on minnows but the majority of the larger fish came on anything but minnows for Rachel and I and everyone around us. I'd say this was the most productive opener for big fish I've ever seen. There were streaks where everyone around us were reeling in fish. That's a good sign for a healthy fishery. Heck, even Buck Nasty caught a 28 incher and he's a crappie guide! Sorry Buck, couldn't resist. Great tournament from Deerfoot. Lots of laughs and good friends and family.