www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Food/beverage oppurtunities around the tff

Default Food/beverage oppurtunities around the tff

Not trying to start a commotion with non-fishing talk, but as the board has been pretty quiet, I wanted to hear any news regarding TFF area food/beverage services.

My party will be up to fish and camp the week before Memorial Day, and we love making it out to patronize both eateries and bars.

Any new places? Updates on old ones? Top picks? What's open on the water?

Thanks in advance!

Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Butternut,Wisconsin

Take a look at the restaurant/bar section at www.turtleflambeauflowage.com for a listing of the local eating and drinking establishments.

That website is a good resource, but not all inclusive.

I'm quite fond of Springstead Lake Lodge, or as some locals call it, THE LOUNGE. It's not "new", but provides good food (including some decent specials), drinks and staff! It would be "NICE" to have tap beer as an option, but that's not the end of the world...If you're using Springstead Landing it's not far, otherwise it's probably NOT an option.

GOOD LUCK!!!

If you use Springstead Landing The Birches Resort is another option. It's known for pizza.

I liked the question about "on the water" options, as I have wondered about that myself. I fish the lake frequently, and have always wondered about pulling my boat in someplace for a meal. What are the options for water-accessible dining on the lake?

The only "full menu" options on the water are Gateway and Hideaway, both of which are on the Turtle River. If you are in the Fishermens Landing area,you may be able to take a shortcut under the bridge at Merkle Lake depending on water level and size of your boat. Donners Bay and Sunken Horse are on the water and have frozen pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Flambeau Vista Retreat LLC View Post
    The only "full menu" options on the water are Gateway and Hideaway, both of which are on the Turtle River. If you are in the Fishermens Landing area,you may be able to take a shortcut under the bridge at Merkle Lake depending on water level and size of your boat. Donners Bay and Sunken Horse are on the water and have frozen pizza.

Great, thanks for verifying that information!

So is the Hideaway keeping pretty normal days and hours? Have always enjoyed that place, but have had bad luck finding it open during the week the last couple of years...

...is the Frontier still open? It's located on Hwy 182 at the entrance to Flowage Rd.....

The Hideaway is now being managed by Bobby Orr. We think he will keep regular hours. We were there last weekend and the pizza was fantastic!

mooselegs,

Yes, the Frontier Inn is open. Jenn, who had been the cook is now running it. If memory serves, they are closed on Mondays.

Tight Lines,

Tom502

Thanks for the reply Tom502. We were there in the spring of 2013 and enjoyed a burger and a few beers. It's close by for us so always appreciate having a few meals at the Frontier.

Thanks again...

mooselegs

The Hideaway stands to do well if he's as good a pizza maker as he was a hockey player!
    George

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.