www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Lake Conditions

Default Lake Conditions

Was able to get out this afternoon for a while. Most of the lakes in the area are still covered or partially covered in ice. A few lakes are open as of this afternoon. Moens Chain, Thompson, Julia are open. At least these are the ones that I have seen. Lakes like Boom, George and Crescent were still ice covered. They are very black and pulling away from the shore and I suspect they will be clear in the next couple days, I was able to get out finally this afternoon, more so to check and make sure everything was working o nthe boat and so forth. We manages to catch a couple dozen crappies a in a couple hours. It sure felt good to get back in the boat after this long winter. Al of the crappies we caught were on slip bobbers and were still in the wintering holes. I suspect once the ice leaves we will have a mad dash of fish to the shallows. I will keep you posted as the conditions change.

Good Fishing,
    Scott Biscobing
    Hodag Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.hodagguideservice.com
    E-Mail Address:hodagguide@gmail.com

Scott:

Made it to Nokomis north of Tomahawk cause I heard it was open. The landing on N still had ten feet or so of broken ice. I only fished for an hour and a half. I was able to fish a couple of rocky spots and found 40, almost 41 for water temps and didn't have the time to find the warmest water possible nor was I able to get anything to hit a rapala. I had to go, even for the short time as I am not sure when I will get to go this week as I am heading south Thur. night.

Talked to some guys that had a decent Sunday up on the TFF. Mid and Little Musky Lakes are open in Minocqua, many looking ugly, but the rest have ice... Not many fish even in the smallest rivers connecting to lakes and any of those fish that got lucky enough to be caught were males and they were still hard.

Good luck to ya this week!!!

Mark

Thanks Mark. I always enjoy reading your updates.

Scott
    Scott Biscobing
    Hodag Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.hodagguideservice.com
    E-Mail Address:hodagguide@gmail.com