Hi everyone,

I've been having problems making reports ever since XP was thrown out and I had to go to Windows 7. Slowly making progress now. Matter of learning a new operating system. XP was so simple.

Walleye fishing has been improving steadily since a little funk after the opener. Catching lots of smaller ones in the mix which is good to see for the future of the fishery. So far this season my clients have all been agreeable to the 15" size limit I have imposed in my boat. We still get plenty of eaters and with the release of these smaller fish we will be helping the Big Chip maintain a quality walleye fishery.

The bite lately has switched to leeches over minnows but I still always have minnows along. The other day, in a half day guide, all 10 walleyes came on leeches. Day before that, of 14 walleyes, half on leeches, half on minnows. With the warm weather it is much easier to keep leeches lively in a cooler of ice then to keep minnows kicking for the whole day. I'm always glad to see the walleyes preferring leeches. But like I said, I always have minnows along.

We've been catching the walleyes in the wood cover areas and now with the water temps reaching the lower to mid 70's, they have moved out to the deeper wood. Stump fields, Sunken bogs, and any wood strewn about on the bottom and seems to be better when the wood is in the softer bottom substrate. More bug life there. Been using my new lead-free PROaggressive jigs and doing really well with them. They do not snag up as much in the wood so you spend more time catching fish then retying jigs.

I don't have any openings until July 11th, but after that I have a few openings for the rest of July and August has many openings yet.Remember, I provide all the live bait we will need and all the lead-free jigs we will use. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx