www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 1930 silent film footage

Red face 1930 silent film footage

Just watched that 1930's 17 minute silent film about the making of the flowage. The video was supposed to be a negative look at the flowage and I get why they may have thought that. Funny how a little time has made this one of the most beautiful places I have seen and one of my favorite places in this world.
    It would be cool to get a view of the areas in this video of what it looks like now. Don't know if anyone has ever looked in to doing this.
    It amazes me how many trees and stumps there are. Is it possible that they are really gone or are they still there only hidden. I just can't tell from the video what locations I am looking at. I always find this subject to be fascinating. I have been fishing the flowage since 1963 and time and I suppose ice has changed things a lot. I remember about 5 years ago motoring back toward fort flambeau after fishing all day late in the year. It was hot and dead calm. I cruised by the dam and following the river channel just pass the dam I decided to stop and throw a jig out. I was in about 18' of water just sitting there in the calm water. I looked down and saw three big stumps just under the waters surface maybe 10" under. I have cruised past this spot many times at wide open throttle and it gave me a moments pause. Makes me think every time I go fast.
    Anyway I thought I would see if anybody had any thoughts about the video.
    Thanks I can;t wait for Memorial day.

can you post the link it would be worth the view

Can anyone tell me how to make a copy of this or where I can get a copy for the cabin.

Thanks,

Brian

The link to the video is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by justlen View Post
    The link to the video is dead.
    The link worked for me!