www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Weekend fishing report

Default Weekend fishing report

I fished with some friends over the weekend and we caught some fish but for the most part it was slow. we caught some bluegill out in some deeper water which we haven't caught all year. Some of the Bluegill were really nice. I've got a trip coming up Friday so I'm happy for the warmup coming. I plan on just getting out and finding fish today and tomorrow. The fish are not in their normal spots so it's time to do some scouting. The low water has caused some low oxygen in some areas like Crane and Blueberry lakes. Those two are not worth fishing. My guess is the fish in those areas are either a few inches below the ice or right against shore waiting for some oxygen from runoff or leftover weeds. Crane could be in trouble this year. I haven't seen the oxygen go out that early in the last fifteen years. You can tell instantly when the oxygen crashes in there. It's usually in late March to early April. Crystal lake usually loses Oxygen first. This year Crystal went to low oxygen in early February. There's a winter kill every year on almost every lake but the next three weeks will be important on the Chip in a few areas. A couple forty degree days in a row will save a lot of fish. I don't think there is anything to worry about yet with the exception of Crane Lake. Kind of a shame since there were a bunch of walleye stocked there last year.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

I see the water level is a little more than eight feet below full pool. The target for the drawdown was eight feet. If it's still this low when the ice goes out, how about walking around and picking up some of my snagged lures?

No problem Bill. This year it's all floating lures for you.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com