www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Ice Out Contest

Default Ice Out Contest

as I look at the temp right now at -10 below, wonder if the ice will be out by July or will this be another year the water is almost boiling by then.

You'd be surprised how little ice there is in some areas. Dorazio Bay(CC North Boat Ramp) is very sketchy. Crane Creek is really bad. Moss Creek, Kavanah Bay, and most other sloppy bay areas have little ice near shore and many open holes from natural springs. This is the first year I haven't driven my truck on the lake and I don't plan on it. When the ice does go it might go really fast this year.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Still only averaging 20"-ish of ice over here... So if its like three or four years ago, ice out could be in early April again... I have noticed that the last three years have been like that too... Last year late, the year before earliest ever, the year before that was late April threatening the opener and the year before that was in early April, so it could be another early one if this pattern works out!!!

Mark
    Last edited by Mark Benson; 02-04-2014 at 12:20 PM.

Default Ice in LaCrosse

guys are having to use their extensions on the augers down here. more than 34 inches

Question

Hope we have water on the Flowage this spring down 91" today.

Anybody think this draw down will help?

Rangr90

No, I don't see why milfoil needs to be killed. It's one of the most beneficial weeds in stained water systems. The drawdown could clean off some of the gravel areas for walleye spawning though. It's a trial and error thing. Not the best year for trial and error with this extreme winter. I'm guessing another bad winterkill year. Crane lake could be bad and the aeration system the DNR put in doesn't work.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com