www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Ice out contest

Default Ice out contest

while at camp in late September for a very quick vacation visit, I had the good fortune of meeting Dave B who is a regular participant in the Ice Out Contest. After expressing my considerable dismay over the paucity of guesses, Dave encouraged me to try once again. So, your responses will settle the contest's fate. Here goes: considering the unimaginably cold temps at camp last week (-35) guess the date and hour of day you think the ice will be declared off of Witch Bay. WB staff will make that determination. The person who submits the guess that is closest to the declared date and time will be the winner. I very much look forward to a flood of entries. Entries must be submitted by midnight, April 15. Good luck to all.

Tax Day, April 15th at 13:36

As defending Ice Out Guru (Winner in 2012 and no contest in 2013) I am picking April 12th at 2:30 p.m. as the correct time the ice will go off Witch Bay.

Being reigning champ for two years has been a great honor. The respect I received from my Witch Bay Camp fishing companions has been really something. (Is any group looking for new fishing companions - I am ready to get rid of mine.)

Good luck to all.

Puma1

Just so you'll know, the ice went off the local fishing whole sometime between Saturday afternoon (still 90% ice covered) and Tuesday afternoon (then 90% ice free). This is probably useless information, but it is information, nevertheless. We need more -- many more!! -- Ice Out Contest entries.

Default Ice out contest

First time in the "competition".
    My guess will be April 12, 2:37 pm...
    Thanks!
    Brian

The Queen of Witch Bay has issued the following announcement: Let it be known by all in my presence that at the hour of 7:35 p.m. on the 12th day of May in the year 2014 the ice which once covered the mighty waters of the great and glorious Witch Bay has disappeared from those waters and cannot be seen. Therefore, based on the entries properly and timely submitted in the course of Ice Out Contest X, join me in saluting the person who submitted a guess that was closest to the actual day and time of day at which said ice was decreed to be gone from our sight and deemed to be the winner of Ice Out Contest X, the most honorable ED PETRO. May he reign with the pride and dignity befitting such an esteemed position.