www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: August 2014 fishing trip

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by lowbidder View Post
    I second that. This past summer a friend and myself fished a metro lake with a local guide the evening of our travel day after a week up North. You guys are very lucky to have so many great, well-stocked lakes in the twin cities area. I shouldn't say lucky... I know you guys put a lot of time and money into keeping them stocked with adult fish.
    We really do have a number of fantastic musky waters here in the metro and clients are always suprised by the caliber of fish that these lakes hold. We have great stocking programs and equally important, great maintenance. Anglers do a great job with catch and release and except for a hand full of lakes state wide, we have a 1 over 48" regulation. All in all, the Twin Cities metro is a spectacular musky fishery.

Thanks for the help guys. I had my sights on Spring Bay Resort or Vermilion Dam Lodge. That little 4 mile stretch of river below the dam caught my attention. Some of those monster fish Vermilion holds have been caught below the dam. Maybe, a secondary fishing option?