www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Boat Battery Setup

Default Boat Battery Setup

Hi guys,

Quick question, say I have a tuffy esox magnum that has a 70lb thrust Minnkota and two new hummingbird GPS locators as well as auto bilge etc......basically the normal electronic setup. My question is what would be the best battery setup as far as number of batteries and 12v or 24v to be able to provide me with enough juice to run all the electronics and last me on long day/weekend trips.

My current boat has two 12v batteries for electronics etc and a crank battery and have been just fine. Just was wondering what others think would be the best setup for a tuffy esox magnum.

You should have all of your electronics hooked up to your starting battery. Your trolling motor should be hooked up to your trolling motor battery or batteries only. I'm guessing that trolling motor is 24 volt so you should have three batteries in your boat. The two batteries up front will be your 24 volts for your trolling motor. Your starting battery will be in back under the deck and will run everything else like outboard motor starting, lights, electronics, bilge, livewell, etc. I always keep a jumper box in the boat in case the starting battery gets low.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com