www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: musky bump board

Default musky bump board

I am thinking about getting a bump board for musky-- safer for fish, better measurement. Any recommendations? Build your own? Or just a waist of time? Hope all had/have a good deer season. Expect to see some ice fishing reports on here pretty soon since lakes down here are starting to freeze. Only 6 more months till next season.

I've built my own and bought one. Actually we built a whole lot of them years ago. I'm guessing we built about 200 or more about fifteen years ago. I think we manufactured the first collapsible muskie board back when we sold them through muskies101. I hadn't seen one before that. They aren't that hard to build if you have some basic tools around the house. The materials will cost you about thirty bucks and it will take you about six hours to make. If you want to get the best on the market, Justencase has a cool one. I think it folds down to twenty inches. Not sure if they still make it but it was going for $140.00.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Ty, what about that portable one Razor made... cant quite remember what it was called or where you store it when it isn't in use. HAHA

thanks for the responses!Attachment 21530Attachment 21531 tools I have. use wood as a base or find thicker pieces of plastic? make your inch measurements or just flop a sticker down? I'll have to look online for some designs. Deer season ended for me today with these two bucks. Time for ice fishing now.

You can make it with a carpenters ruler out of metal. The stickers can be off. Some of the muskie measuring sticks they sell are way off. Some as much as two inches. We found that out at one of the shows a few years ago. Bump boards are the only accurate way to go. When it's all said and done it might be easier to just buy one unless you have lots of time to put into it.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com