www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: GPS Lake Maps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I’m with Bret GET A CHIP , also my First year on the TFF.

Not only a life saver but… Prop, saver lower unit saver, transducer saver/you get the Idea
    I purchaced the Humminbird 898c HD SI and The lake master chip, don’t know about the lawrence depth finder but here are some things I like.

Setting contours: Say the guides are posting fish in 17-20’ just set the contour highlight for that range, It makes it so easy to see the target water.

Shallow water highlight the samething.

Looking at the unit I would see my shallow water <3” highlighted in “RED” and my 17-20” target water in “GREEN”

Lake Master as far as I know does not have hazards highlighted per say but contours come up to zero. The side imaging is awesome; at Butternut Lake I can count the number of logs on each crib

Following river channels and staying out of stump fields is a piece of cake with this chip.

I would bet mine has paid for it self which is minor compared to the grief of taking out a prop or lower unit 5 miles from the boat launch

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDuck View Post

Not only a life saver but… Prop, saver lower unit saver, transducer saver/you get the Idea
    I purchaced the Humminbird 898c HD SI and The lake master chip, don’t know about the lawrence depth finder but here are some things I like.

Following river channels and staying out of stump fields is a piece of cake with this chip.

I would bet mine has paid for it self which is minor compared to the grief of taking out a prop or lower unit 5 miles from the boat launch
    You and Bret sound like you are member material for the "Soon to be chagrinned club".

GPS and Chips are good stuff, but there is no way that they do what you advertise. If you really think this way, you will be very unhappy when you take out that prop or lower unit 5 miles from the boat launch. Just a heads up........many bangs dings and prop repairs later.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDuck View Post

You and Bret sound like you are member material for the "Soon to be chagrinned club".

GPS and Chips are good stuff, but there is no way that they do what you advertise, in terms of safety. If you really think this way, you will be very unhappy when you take out that prop or lower unit 5 miles from the boat launch. Just a heads up........many bangs dings and prop repairs later.

perchoreno

What chip are you using?

BD