As many of you already know from last month's newsletter, we are coming to what appears to be the end of the Flatlander Chapter. Both in the newsletter and at the meeting last month I asked for help from the membership to get on board to keep the club going. I got no response in either case. This month's meeting I will be speaking on late fall fishing on Lake Vermilion. This is meant to be a preparation for the November outing. This will also be a chance to reach out one more time before the November meeting with chapter elections. During the executive committee meeting this month I asked the board members one last time if anyone was interested in being president next year. Unfortunately, no one is able to step up at this time both for personal reasons and chapter burn out. If anyone wants to step up for the chapter and become president, please let an executive board member know so we can pass on the leadership role. I look forward to the fall fishing but it's with mixed emotion that I look forward to fall as I know what could happen if no one steps up. I'd hate to see the club come to an end, but with no member participation, there is not much choice. Once again, voice your reason for being a Flatlander. What do you want out of the club? What would it take for you to become active?

I look forward to seeing you at the October meeting on Thursday night October 24th at 7:30 PM. Like I said, I will be talking about late fall fishing on Lake Vermilion. I'll share some tactics that have worked for a few of us over the last few years. Bring a friend!
Jeff Blanck