I apologize for not reporting more frequently. I do have a busy schedule.

Water temps are starting to finally drop, but recent warm ups and no wind have brought back some low to mid 60's surface temps. Yesterday I did see some evidence of Turnover on mid sized lakes, but also know that smaller puddles and shallow lakes are mixing up....let's hope for some wind to get the mixing down quickly.

Walleyes: The bite continues to be the best that I've seen in recent years. Fished them for the final time on open water Monday and burned 8 doz minnows by 3 pm. All fish found were in the mud and ate either larger fatheads or redtails on 1/8 oz jigs. There is also a good shallow bite on lakes that have coontail and cabbage edges. This is definitely a time to trust your electronics. Look for fish and be aggressive. Don't fish where there isn't anything. Look for the mud bite to be the most consistant, and the fish will slowly move deeper as fall progresses.

Muskies: The last couple of days have been slower, but the patterns still remain the same....SHALLOW!!!
The pre-turnover deal usually brings them shallow to 4-7' weed flats, and also inside edges to the shore. Smaller doubles(like 8's), spinnerbaits, and topwaters are the best bets here. Wind blown shores are a plus. Last week we had a bunch of wind and the wind blown shorelines produced all the action....me and clients saw over 30 fish in 3 days....however most fish were reacting to figure 8's and a lot can go wrong with 18 inches of line out at boatside(this is putting it nicely) A little action on live bait here and there, but the best is yet to come.....

Crappies: Fished the 2 days around deep cribs...pounded them on mini mites and a split shot to get it down...these guys will slowly migrate to deep holes and suspend 2-5' of the bottom for the rest of the fall.

The St Germain Musky Tournament is this weekend, good luck to all participating.