www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Current Water Temps?

Default Current Water Temps?

Has anyone been out on the water lately and have a current water temp? I'm thinking about doing some Musky fishing next weekend, but don't want to fish if the water is still close to 80. We've had some cool air temps, but mostly sunny days. I'm hoping it's around 74, but that is just a guess and I'm usually always wrong.)

I was out on Saturday, and the temps were around 75 in the am, and about 77 by afternoon. Still pretty warm, and it seems like not that many fish have come up shallow yet. Got one 40" casting a bucktail on main lake weeds, but it seems like most fish are still out suspended with shad. Need some cooler weather to push everything shallow!!
    Chad Cain Guide Service
    Chad Cain

Web Site: http://www.chadcain.com

I was out crappie fishing on Friday with my wife. I let another week go by without fishing Kinkaid and was unsure of temps so I left the muskie gear at home. Worked out just fine as we did really well off a main lake point. Fished from 10:30am till a little before 3:00pm and fell just short of both our limits (mostly very nice sized fish as well...all caught on jigs). Actually, we caught a few in the Northend no-wake as well, but they weren't quite as large.

Temps were exactly what Chad said (75-77).

I plan to start fishing in earnest this Thursday. Let's hope for some falling temps for sure, but as much as I can wait for the fish to head shallow the mild weather has been really kinda nice.

Does anyone know how guide-for-a-day went with the MI chapter? Sure hope enough boats were available and it went well.

Thanks for the report Chad.

I think it is going to pick up next week after we get a couple of cool nights. I know that I would rather be fishing for them at the end of October-Early December than the end of Sept-Halloween.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Cain View Post
    I was out on Saturday, and the temps were around 75 in the am, and about 77 by afternoon. Still pretty warm, and it seems like not that many fish have come up shallow yet. Got one 40" casting a bucktail on main lake weeds, but it seems like most fish are still out suspended with shad. Need some cooler weather to push everything shallow!!
    Thanks for the info Chad. I think we are going to wait until next weekend to hit the water. Looks like we are going to really cool down starting tomorrow. Hopefully everything moves shallow by next week.

Crappie fished again yesterday. It was a bit slower but we managed a few. Today I washed several Muskie baits for the first time this Fall. A full swing and a miss. Nada. Cross your fingers for tomorrow's cool down to heat things up. Water temps still in the mid 70's. Lots of bass guys on the water today pre-fishing the chamber tourney, a few crappie boats and a few Muskie guys it appeared. Unaware as to how other guys made out.

Last Sunday (the 20th) the water temps were mostly 64 degrees in the arms. Had three follows (40-ish and mid 40-ish) and put one in the boat (32).

Anybody know what the temps are currently???

Water temp was 58 degrees today.