www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Muskie Lure/Tackle Sale on November 8th,9th,and 10th

Default Muskie Lure/Tackle Sale on November 8th,9th,and 10th

The same weekend there is an IMTT muskie tournament on Kinkaid, I will be having a large lure sale at my house. If your coming down to fish the tourney, swing by and get a great deal on lures and tackle. I have way too much stuff!!
    Chad Cain Guide Service
    Chad Cain

Web Site: http://www.chadcain.com

Default Need to know where you live/are selling the tackle?

Hi Chad my name is Justin and I live over in Makanda. I bought my first Muskie rod and reel last year, and I do not have much as far as lures go. I did not make it out a whole lot to Kinkaid much this spring for muskie, but I was wanting to get after it more this fall. I do not know how much money I will have to spend, but I definitely would like to take a look at what you have to sell and will definitely buy a few. I did not see your post in time when you were having your sale earlier this year, so I would like to not miss this one. Here is my email address if you would like to forward me any information. jussumner26@yahoo.com
    Thanks,
    Justin Sumner

Quote Originally Posted by justin Sumner View Post
    Hi Chad my name is Justin and I live over in Makanda. I bought my first Muskie rod and reel last year, and I do not have much as far as lures go. I did not make it out a whole lot to Kinkaid much this spring for muskie, but I was wanting to get after it more this fall. I do not know how much money I will have to spend, but I definitely would like to take a look at what you have to sell and will definitely buy a few. I did not see your post in time when you were having your sale earlier this year, so I would like to not miss this one. Here is my email address if you would like to forward me any information. jussumner26@yahoo.com
    Thanks,
    Justin Sumner

You don't need an arsenal to get started muskie fishing. Just get a couple good cranks in sucker or shad colors and troll them or cast them. Muskie fishing on kinkaid is much more about conditions than top secret lures. Just get out there when a big front is coming through and make sure you are on a great spot at moonrise and moonset.

Quote Originally Posted by smalliefisherman View Post
    You don't need an arsenal to get started muskie fishing. Just get a couple good cranks in sucker or shad colors and troll them or cast them. Muskie fishing on kinkaid is much more about conditions than top secret lures. Just get out there when a big front is coming through and make sure you are on a great spot at moonrise and moonset.
    Ha ha, yeah I probably make too much of it, but I have absolutely no confidence in my musky strategy or lure selection. I just try to spend a lot of time near weeds and points and wood, but I have not done very well in the wood. I have had some follows, but far more follows than actual fish caught, my friend that fishes for musky quite a bit more than I do said I need to burn the crank baits to trigger a strike, I try, but musky fishing for a full day is no joke on your hands, arms, and back! Hopefully by Sunday evening if I am lucky I will post my first fall Kinkaid Musky!