www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: transition time

Default transition time

Fished for muskie for the first time this fall yesterday 9/15. Water temps averaged 78 and should be on the decline. I am new to muskie fishing but did manage to catch and release several nice fish late last fall. Yesterday I targeted some of the same areas that I had success in last year but didnt move a fish. Another angler told me yesterday that he had moved fish but not in shallow water. What type of pattern or type of structure is good early fall? I tried to do some online reading but since kinkaid is so different than most other muskie lakes, I feel this wasnt helpful. Also, I am local but have yet to find anywhere to purchase muskie tackle. I there a place or do I have to stick to online? Wanting to figure this out although it has been super challenging. It took 3 months of fishing 1-2 days a week to boat my first fish last year but now I'm hooked. Any advice would great.

Quote Originally Posted by cast#10001 View Post
    Fished for muskie for the first time this fall yesterday 9/15. Water temps averaged 78 and should be on the decline. I am new to muskie fishing but did manage to catch and release several nice fish late last fall. Yesterday I targeted some of the same areas that I had success in last year but didnt move a fish. Another angler told me yesterday that he had moved fish but not in shallow water. What type of pattern or type of structure is good early fall? I tried to do some online reading but since kinkaid is so different than most other muskie lakes, I feel this wasnt helpful. Also, I am local but have yet to find anywhere to purchase muskie tackle. I there a place or do I have to stick to online? Wanting to figure this out although it has been super challenging. It took 3 months of fishing 1-2 days a week to boat my first fish last year but now I'm hooked. Any advice would great.
    I personally think its still a little early to be Muskie fishing because of the warm water temps. During this time of the year I think the fish is a little deeper where the water temps are cooler. Give them 1-2 weeks and they should be back in the shallows. As for local shops the only one that has "some" musky gear is Top of the Hill bait shop.
    We Who Are Truly Brave Will Never Live In Fear...