www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 2013

Default 2013

We are in our cabin on Big V prefjshing the 2013 Chapter Challunge with the cold front not seeing much. I have posted a pic of our cabin and we we proudly displaying the CC MI banner. Pics are on the 2013 photo album - check it out.
    Last edited by Muskie Nut; 09-16-2013 at 12:22 PM.
    Gerard

After day 1, we are tied for 4th. The fishing been tough, but Dan Reim got a 41 1/2 early this morning that put us on the board. I'll post his fish picture when I get it uploaded to my laptop. In the meantime, check out the team photo in the 2013 photo album on this web site.

For tomorrow the weatherman is calling for thunderstorms and for Friday for a high of only 52 degrees. That doesn't sound good, but if its not being electrical out, we be fishing in the rain and cold the day after.
    Gerard

Another day in the books. Bryan and I did not see a fish nor had any action. The day was dark & foggy with a light breeze, but had sprinkle in the afternoon. Our cabin did not score as Jeff and Mike walked in to report.

In talking with Gary and Dan, they did not catch anything. Dan did report that he had a big one blow up on a tail surface bait (like a chopper), but it missed the bait.

So the long and short of it all, the Cap City Team dropped from tied for 4th to 8th place. At midnight tonight should be the high temp for Friday as a wind shift coming from the north is expected to drop air temps throughout the day. I should have brought warmer clothes!
    Gerard

Well the 2013 Hamm is done. The day started colder, with a slight wind. By the end it had cooled down and the wind kicked into high gear. Neither any of us in the Cap City cabin got a muskie. And after checking Dan and Gary got the goose egg as well today.

I did not hear about what place the Cap City placed, but Star of the North (Chapter 15) won top honors with 7 fish for 110 points. They were casting black Cowgirls on the rocks for the win (detailed results at www.gilhamm.com). Many of those members consider Big V their home waters. The Star of the North Chapter will host the 2014 Gil Gil Hamm Challunge and I will let everyone know as soon as I find out where and when.

The Chicagoland Chapter did a fantastic job of of hosting and a great big thanks goes out to Tri-Esox Show, Spring Bay Resort, and the Landing Restaurant for a job well done.
    Last edited by Muskie Nut; 09-20-2013 at 04:23 PM.
    Gerard