www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Ice-Fishing Product Preview: Frabill 261 Straight Line Bro Series Combo

Thumbs up Ice-Fishing Product Preview: Frabill 261 Straight Line Bro Series Combo

Attachment 20959
    Problem Solved
    Frabill’s 261 Straight Line Bro Series Combo resolves the predicament of matching the perfect rod to the most revolutionary reels on ice

Plano, IL – Problem: Twisted line from conventional spinning gear produces an unnatural whirl to lures. Solution: Frabill’s revolutionary Straight Line 101 eliminated the spin.

Problem: Fish in deep water are just as partial to non-twirling baits, but harder to get up to and out of the hole once duped. Solution: Frabill launched the 241 Straight Line Reel, a 2.4-to-1 multiple-retrieve wonder that made landing fish from the depths easier than ever.

Problem: Large fish that make powerful runs also lurk fathoms below the frozen surface and often wreak havoc on gear. Solution: This season’s introduction of the 261 Straight Line Reel, with an ultra-smooth drag system and even faster 2.6-to-1 retrieve.

Matching the perfect rod to such an innovative reel as the new 261 requires deliberation. So for hardwater hopefuls looking to come out of the gates matched, Frabill’s new 261 Straight Line Bro Series Combos are harmoniously pre-paired on the design table.

New for 2014 are six 261 Straight Line Bro Series Combos to cover nearly every circumstance ice anglers face. The series includes a 24-inch ultra-light action and super-strike-indicating 24-inch Quick Tip, a 30-inch light-action and Quick Tip, 36-inch light-action and, you guessed it, 36-inch Quick Tip to round out the run.

“Every rod in the lineup is super sensitive and ideal for detecting the lightest bites whether I’m fishing tiny jigs tipped with minute maggots or larger spoons and jigs, even in deep water. And the 261 Straight Line Reel is an amazing piece of equipment that balances out perfectly with numbers of sticks,” says Brian “Bro” Brosdahl, famed Northern Minnesota guide and Frabill prostaff.

Each rod in the Bro Series comes wrapped with durable aluminum oxide guides that allow line to flow smoothly in the coldest of conditions and an aluminum reel seat to firmly secure the 261 reel to the handle at just the right balancing point.

As for the 261 reel itself, the super-strong composite body makes it light-in-weight and warmer to the touch than those constructed of alloy. As well, it features an elongated stem and oversized ambidextrous handle that make reeling, even with gloves, a breeze.

Inside the 261’s gear housing is a 4-plus-1 ball-bearing system bathed in Frabill’s exclusive Sub-Zero® lube to stay pliable even in harsh below-zero conditions. And the 261’s large and balanced spool doesn’t only sport a super-smooth drag system, but also free-spools when needed to make lowering even the lightest jig effortless. To that, an audible or silent bait alarm switch lets you know when a fish is taking out line.

And like all Frabill Straight Line Reels, line flows directly off the spool of the 261, which eliminates twists and the abnormal-in-nature spinning bait.

Problem: Well… there is no problem when using the 261 Straight Line Bro Series Combos by Frabill. Unless you’re a hungry fish, that is.

Tight lines,
    Wisconsin Angling Adventures
    Joel DeBoer

Web Site: http://www.wisconsinanglingadventures.com
    FaceBook: Joel DeBoer Outdoors
    Twitter: @joelthemuskyman
    Email: joelthemuskyman@charter.net
    715-297-7573

Default Ice Fishing Product Preview Frabill 261 Straight Line Bro Series Combo

Has anyone used a straight line ice fishing reel - the kind that look like a fly reel - but for ice fishing. The product descriptions say the straight line reels reduce line twist. Is there a real benefit to them over plain old spinning reels? Or are they just another gimmick to spend money on.

Hey guys, before I buy new line to spool my reels with I wanted to get some educated opinions on what line I should use. What do you use when targeting pan fish? Type, test, color? What about for larger fish like walleye or trout? Anyone use braid for smaller fish too? Do you use a barrel swivel at all to tie to a leader or directly to the jig/lure?

As of right now I only have 3 spinning reels. Looking at possibly buying the Frabill 271 or 261 in the off season, so if you have any experience using mono or braid with that as well I would like to hear about it. Thanks fellas

that is also a perfect example of leaning the bike over to drain the float bowl to get a flooded bike restarted...........while still moving. Survey says........

Have one and love it for the shallow water stuff. If your line is put on without twists to begin with your jig doesnt spin I got the Black Betty combo and rocked the gills a couple of days ago...

I was told that theres a street vault in Lincoln on Friday, July 17. Ill be there---I just dont know where or what time Anyone got the details? Thanks Kay

Hmm sorry some of the old results posts have been lost due to the server changes. Are there any street vaults in Nebraska happening this year?

“Every rod in the lineup is super sensitive and ideal for detecting the lightest bites whether I’m fishing tiny jigs tipped with minute maggots or larger spoons and jigs, even in deep water. And the 261 Straight Line Reel is an amazing piece of equipment that balances out perfectly with numbers of sticks,” says Brian “Bro” Brosdahl, famed Northern Minnesota guide and Frabill prostaff.

Each rod in the Bro Series comes wrapped with durable aluminum oxide guides that allow line to flow smoothly in the coldest of conditions and an aluminum reel seat to firmly secure the 261 reel to the handle at just the right balancing point.
    You're right on that one. I like ice fishing, but only if I'm aware and have information about every single gear and equipment item I take with me. More hints I get from manufacturers about their rods and augers - more confident I can be about my fishing and my success in a trip to frozen lake. And we talk about combos, I do like PLUSINNO spinning combos because they have plenty of pros like durable construction due to carbon fiber.