Very well put Chipvet, one thing that I noted was one of the biggest fish over the two weeks was on a mepps #5, seems like the globes drew some attention but the fish has seen them before. Went back to the spots and tried different presentations but no luck. Went to the small ghosttails too in various colors. The fish are there, just a matter of getting them to hit. Noted a tremendous amount of forage in anything over 10 foot, not possitive if it is forage but picking up lots of fish symbols on the HDS 8. Reasoned that maybe a faster retrieve would generate hits but that didn't happen and the slower retrieve yeilded only the follows and turnaways before a figure 8 could be put into action. One night I was on the run that Ty showed me on Church, stopped for a moment to sit down and light my pipe, was in 9 foot at the time and as I stood up a musky darted from right next to the boat, was obviously watching me, he was so close I could have probably reached down and petted him, fired off the globe immediately and he wacked at it but did not make any contact. Was on calm water but I sure was not after that. Then I threw every thing I had around the spot, first slow, creeper, then hog wobbler, then burned 10's. Never did raise it again. Have noted that often I get my action when I see an eagle overseeing what I am doing. Curious coincidence? To be sure there are places with easier fishing but there is nothing like the Chippewa Flowage.