www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: September 10th fishing report

Default September 10th fishing report

I had Gary and Becky out again yesterday. Yesterday was better in the morning for us than it was in the evening. We caught one and lost one in the morning and had another follow and go into the figure eight. Although it was one of the nicest evenings all year the fish didn't seem to want to move much last night. We fished until sundown and went in with our tails between our legs.

Water temps are in the low 70's
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Sennett View Post
    I had Gary and Becky out again yesterday. Yesterday was better in the morning for us than it was in the evening. We caught one and lost one in the morning and had another follow and go into the figure eight. Although it was one of the nicest evenings all year the fish didn't seem to want to move much last night. We fished until sundown and went in with our tails between our legs.

Water temps are in the low 70's
    Know you hate area but I caught a couple and saw more on the south end my last few days. Some nice ones and all were on the bar edge of the river channel. Might be worth a trip down there even though I know you do not like to go south of sisters. Did not have near the action north and mid lake.

Quote Originally Posted by ChipVet View Post
    Know you hate area but I caught a couple and saw more on the south end my last few days. Some nice ones and all were on the bar edge of the river channel. Might be worth a trip down there even though I know you do not like to go south of sisters. Did not have near the action north and mid lake.
    Hey Chip Vet! Just missed you, saw you had got a good one!! Hope all is well!!!

Buck

Was up for 2 weeks from 7 to 21, fished mainly the south east end, had follows and half hearted hits on topwaters, nothing doing with bucktails. The best action was on the runs of bars Ty had me on a few years back. In fact they were other than two cases, the only places I moved fish. Did get one 31 incher but atleast had fish moving. The one I got was while burning in a globe, amazingly no action on the pacemaker this time or the bucktails. Wonder if they are getting educated.

Quote Originally Posted by deantre View Post
    Was up for 2 weeks from 7 to 21, fished mainly the south east end, had follows and half hearted hits on topwaters, nothing doing with bucktails. The best action was on the runs of bars Ty had me on a few years back. In fact they were other than two cases, the only places I moved fish. Did get one 31 incher but atleast had fish moving. The one I got was while burning in a globe, amazingly no action on the pacemaker this time or the bucktails. Wonder if they are getting educated.
    Did get a 37 and 47 down there and a small one, all action on bucktails nothing on pacemaker but to be fair bucktails are my main lure. Caught the bigger one on a cowgirl, boy it gets harder every year to land good ones when fishing alone but got lucky this time as he was mainly a swimmer but really a fat fish. As Wayne gooch used to say fishing is tough when water is going down but got lucky with rain the last few days and lake went up and fishing got better. I went south because fishing was poor for me on my favorite spots. One wonders how many there are but that has happened to me before where you don't see many but the next year thy seem to be all over the place. Always fun to just get out there and fish and I always look at it that God gave me another year to fish and that makes it for me. As a side note I once won the musky pool at the trail with a mid 40's in the 70's and I saw nothing for 12 days when I caught the fish. The point is fishing was much tougher then then now. I also saw more fish when the milfoil was all over and now it's in few spots. If it was easy we probably would not be doing this.

Very well put Chipvet, one thing that I noted was one of the biggest fish over the two weeks was on a mepps #5, seems like the globes drew some attention but the fish has seen them before. Went back to the spots and tried different presentations but no luck. Went to the small ghosttails too in various colors. The fish are there, just a matter of getting them to hit. Noted a tremendous amount of forage in anything over 10 foot, not possitive if it is forage but picking up lots of fish symbols on the HDS 8. Reasoned that maybe a faster retrieve would generate hits but that didn't happen and the slower retrieve yeilded only the follows and turnaways before a figure 8 could be put into action. One night I was on the run that Ty showed me on Church, stopped for a moment to sit down and light my pipe, was in 9 foot at the time and as I stood up a musky darted from right next to the boat, was obviously watching me, he was so close I could have probably reached down and petted him, fired off the globe immediately and he wacked at it but did not make any contact. Was on calm water but I sure was not after that. Then I threw every thing I had around the spot, first slow, creeper, then hog wobbler, then burned 10's. Never did raise it again. Have noted that often I get my action when I see an eagle overseeing what I am doing. Curious coincidence? To be sure there are places with easier fishing but there is nothing like the Chippewa Flowage.