Central Ohio Chapter Muskies Inc. – September President’s Message

Our September meeting is Tuesday the 10th 7 PM at PJ’s in Sunbury. For our presentation topic, Elmer Heyob will be doing Part II of the new Structure Fishing presentation that was started in August. We heard a lot of very positive feedback on the first part of this seminar, so be sure not to miss the dramatic conclusion.

During our presentation I’m sure we’ll get an update on the current state of affairs with this year’s muskie stocking, as Elmer and maybe some others in the chapter will be helping out with the tagging study at the hatchery. Fish will be stocked across Ohio over the next couple weeks. Cross your fingers that both the tagging and stocking go well and that we have a great year class of future 50’s.

After the presentation and during the 2nd half of our meeting, I’ve asked chapter member Max Machuta, who is our Muskie Inc. Region 3 Director, to give the membership an update on what has been going on in Muskies, Inc. We have not had an update of this nature for the meeting attendees since before the annual spring board meeting.

Beyond that we’ll talk about (and hopefully conclude) a couple of our current fundraisers with the Spencer Berman guide trip and the Larry Jones guide trip. And we’ll discuss the upcoming Fall Shoot-Out on Alum Creek October 5-6. This month’s meeting will conclude with one of my favorites for the lure raffle, Grandma Lures.

See you at PJ’s. . . .

Rob