Crash with 48 in.Release
Lake Report Corps of Engineers 606.783.7001

Cave Run Lake Fishing Report!

CRASH Mullins

August 29, 2013

LEVEL: 2 1/2 ” Above Summer Pool

CLARITY: Clear

WATER TEMP: 80 Degrees Surface

Water Output has not changed in past 24 hours. The output is 100 cu.ft.per second to remain stationery for next 24 hours.

Cave Run Lake is in good condition
It’s been really an unusual summer here at the cave, I’ve seen it a few times in the past where muskies have been on fire due to cooler days an nights. However things are starting to heat back up just a little, weeds are great, in fact, they are about as good as I ever seen the lay of them is great. We anticipate that it’ll most definitely be a great fall bite. Right now it still seems to be better early morning there are some fish that are still shallow, 10′ and in. Also there a group of muskies, that are deeper as well, that’s the way it is this time of year. The deeper fish can be caught trolling at this time as well as cranking, deep diving lures , also these fish that are deep, a good method is jigging Bondy lures , and big tubes , vertical style jigging….. Now the fish that are shallow can be caught casting, early morning and late evening, low light conditions are the best, I’ve been catching these fish on a regular basis Slippery Sams which is an in-line, all rubber blade bait Made by Super Slayer Tackle is on fire, also Esox Assault Tackle in- lines blades are hot as well, these are bigger blades and are flashaboo , shallow running cranks baits have been working a little The 007 Lure Co. makes two models that’s great 004, 006….. Again these fish are going in an above normal for this time a year definitely worth a trip… Remember casting stay on the out edges of weeds…. Stop by and say hello tell us how u did .. Keep a tight line… We will catch ya next! Crash Mullins

We now have a full stock of our BLUEGRASS FISHING RODS!

Check out our Fall fishing packages we have they are really good deals.. 2 days guided w/ 2 nights lodging for 2 fisherman is $600 great package.. GET THOSE HOOKS SHARPENED Fall is coming! Look forward to seeing everyone this year and hope you all have a wonderful season! See you on the pond!

Crash’s Landing
Muskie Outfitters and Guide Post
Crash & Justin Mullins
Web Site: http://www.crashslanding.com