Hi everyone,

Got out on the Big Chip after spending a few days in my shop making my new PROgressive jig. With the bug hatches still going strong, the fishing was slow. But I was still able to bend the rod on a walleye, smallie and a bunch of crapppies and perch. Just kept 4 crappie for dinner and released every thing else.

The water temps have warmed up to 76 degrees which is probably what triggered the bug hatches into high gear. I saw several different kinds of bugs in different stages of the hatch. When all this settles down I think we are in for some excellent fishing. The fall bite looks good. I used my new lead-free inline jig the "PROgressive" jig tipped with minnows and leeches and caught most fish on the minnows. Fished mainly the deep wood again and most hits were real light. All the fish lately have had big shoulders. They are eating good. Even though the fish were not real active, it was nice to be on the water under the mostly sunny sky and warm air temps. The light North wind was actually very comfortable. Remember to use lead-free jigs and spinners. It's a small way to help protect our waters. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx