www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: deep diving crankbaits?

Default deep diving crankbaits?

What are your favorites and what type of action/retrieve do you use?

Let me rephrase since there were no reponses.....If any of you were casting deep diving crankbaits on the Chip do you have a favorite and why. I have not used many this way, I have always been a deep diving crankbait troller on different/other lakes where trolling is allowed. Any suggestions...Thanks Rip

Default deep cranks

Quote Originally Posted by IllinoisRip View Post
    Let me rephrase since there were no reponses.....If any of you were casting deep diving crankbaits on the Chip do you have a favorite and why. I have not used many this way, I have always been a deep diving crankbait troller on different/other lakes where trolling is allowed. Any suggestions...Thanks Rip
    Seems like most fishing is done with topwaters, bucktails and recently bulldogs with of course jerk baits. There was a study a few years back that suggested that the deep fish are an untapped resource. Given the tough bite over the past 3 yrs, (the fish are still there) perhaps we should be throwing cranks off the weed and bar edges. I have only thrown em sparingly, when I come up in Sept, I may dedicate a day to them just to see.

I've only seen a handful of fish ever caught on deep diving crankbaits out here. I'm not saying they don't work. If you can't cast Pounders you might as well cast deep divers if you want to fish deeper stuff. I don't think this year is the best for the deep water bite but there is always a percentage of fish out deep if you can find them. Ernie's, Depth Raiders, and even Jakes if you make long cast work out here.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com