www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: report 8/10

Default report 8/10

8/10 fishing report
    water temps have stabilized at mid to upper 60's as have the weather/air temps with some cooler nites high 40's-60's and the avg daytime temps have been 70's.was a great week in a full camp with mostly guided or partially guided parties and the fish responding positively.
    great walleye catches daily with all sizes being caught from 14-17.5" eaters to 30"+. young julie miler boated 3 30-31" and many of the groups had many fish boated 24"-29" through the week.most fish being caught are at 25-30'with the bigger fish in loose pods off to the sides of the big thick massive schools of 12-16" fish.typically fish are 2-4' off bottom so long leaders and weights up off bottom or fish have to come down to the bait.portage,west,strawberry,nashes,back channel humps,reefs,and points all been good.
    every day some big pike being caught walleye fishing 35-42" and these can be targeted using 5-7" suckers and heavy flor or light wire leaders on the same areas walleyes being caught and bit deeper.some bigger pike also starting to show up much more regularly casting weed beds with the cooler water temps.
    eagle lake musky fishing was very good last week,some inconsistency from day to day according to the weather but generally very good and some awesome days.also with the cooler water temps many fish that have been suspended or deeper are coming shallow up tight on structure both weeds and rocks with packs of fish being encountered. oung jack miler boated his best at 52.5,scotty 52,the sevcik group a 50.5,greg miler his first at 49.5 and lots of 42-48" fish with some days multiple catches from 2-6 and follows in double digits more the rule than the exception. yesterday moatsy from spanky baits had a 30+ fish follow day with 6 fish boated and 9 lost with scotty. thats some heavy stuff.!!mostly blades though minnow baits and dawgs starting to show their worth.speed is definatly the key and the big difference.
    4wds have also had excellent action both walleyes and muskys with 23 fish boated in last week to 48" and a couple 50's lost in 4 days.
    still got one availablity aug 24-31,1 aug 31-sept 7 and several ea week through sept with some of the best and peaking action to come. you can see it developing ea week. we're looking forward to an exciting last summer and fall the way the the weather ,water temps,and season is progressing.
    give us a call 888 727 5865 or e-mail info@andymyerswlodge.com and join us for a great adventure and trip.
    steve
    AML
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

Web Site: http://www.andymyerslodge.com

Herbie,
    With a report like that I'm not at all sad that I can finally say, "See you this coming weekend." Can't wait.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Hedden View Post
    Herbie,
    With a report like that I'm not at all sad that I can finally say, "See you this coming weekend." Can't wait.
    Bill
    Bill, you would be "sad" if your wife saw your post saying you aint gonna miss home. HAHA.

This is just what Mark & John have been waiting 51 weeks for. Steve Can you Please have Dan
    produce a Purple smoke/ smoke and or a secret weapon for his pal John. Forgot I traded you for some petrol for the bait.
    (Dannys Bachlor fishing tourn). I was searching high & low for it after chicago show then I remembered!! Da!! Cash is King. $$$ no object.
    I can tell you are all having a great time. Wish We Were There Now. Tell Dan & his gang Mark & I say Cheers. See You Sat. John Gobbo & Mark Krause