www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing times?

Default Fishing times?

I am coming up for my annual trip next week. My normal routine is to fish sunrise to around noon. Then take a break. Then back out around 330 to last light. Thinking about my last 4 years the only time I did not see a musky was in the early light to about 7 am time slot. 0 for 28 days not seeing a musky during that time is making me think I might be better off going out around 7 and staying out to see if there's an afternoon bite. I also know weather trumps all when it comes to timing so I won't write anything in stone. To stay fresh I will take 2 of the following 3 time slots off: sunrise to 7, 12-130, 130-3. What does your time on the Chip tell you?

I usually don't go out before 7 am. But only for 2 reasons: if its not bow hunting or turkey hunting season I am not a morning person. Reason 2: when I am up on vacation I usually drink too much the night before.

I've actually seen quite a few fish from the 5am - 7am time frame (especially when it is really hot during the day or there has been a stretch of really hot weather). Surface lures have had quite abit of action during that time.

I like that time as well becasue you basically have the lake to yourself and the lake has had a chance to calm down a bit from the previous days activity. Plus you have the added benefit of seeing alot of wildlife (not that you don't anyway on The Chip).

I personally don't think there is a hot time this year. Out of the six biggest fish we've boated this year two have been mid-morning, two late afternoon, and two in the evening. It's been random at best as to when we're getting fish. Last year I'd say mid-day was best but it hasn't been easy to predict this year.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com