www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Warning

Default Warning

I am not sure if there has been any trouble at boat ramps on the Flowage but I think I had a near miss this morning. I was alone. I was taking out at Hay Creek about 11 am. As I approached the dock a guy appeared from behind the DRN Board and walked out on the dock. No boat in insight. I backed away about 6’. After a few minutes a 2nd guy walked out on the dock. I figured nothing good was going to come of this so I motored out about 100’ and sat there. Now a 3rd guy appeared, he “pretended” to be fishing. At this point I figured I would just sit tight until somebody else showed up to use the ramp. After a while, a fella and his son came to launch. They backed on the ramp and spoke to the guy fishing and started to get ready to launch. I started toward the dock just as the other 2 came out of nowhere. I yelled hello to the guy launching. He yelled back and the 3 took off. I told him I had a bad feeling about their motive. He agreed. We both hung around until we were both ready to leave. Descriptions – the 1st guy – grey hair over the ears, beard, 6’ tall normal build. 2nd guy – 30ish scruffy dark hair, glasses, 5’8”, mustache and wearing an old fishing hall of fame hoody. 3rd guy – I didn’t get a good look but I would guess 30ish short dark hair and stocky build. They were up to no good. Be careful, especially if you are alone! DanM

Dan M
    Hope you gave the Cops a heads up call, if not you should. The Sawyer County Cops watch the launches on a regular basis but when there was trouble at one of the launch sites a few years ago they really stepped up the patrols and the trouble stopped real quick.

Ernie's advice is sound, call the cops... I would have from my boat had I had signal...

Mark

First this, and now I learn the Muskies Inc. grand prize boat was stolen from in front of Hayward Bait sometime Thursday night.

Sure seems to be a bunch of losers roaming the area lately. Time to consider that concealed carry license again...

Thanks for posting that. I was going to use that launch this morning. Not anymore.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

I know crime is everywhere, but I really hate hearing this crap..I come up to Northwoods to get away from the city life...Thanks for making us aware of the situation....They try taking my beer from me and they are gonna have a situation on their hands....

I was up 4th of July week at Treelands Resort, brought my own boat up there, and left my trailer in the trailer lot, by the tennis courts, at the end of the week went to take the boat out, and noticed my spare tire was stolen, along with the bracket for it, never had a problem up that way, and have been vacationing in the Hayward area for the past 44 years *sigh*

TheHobbits.

I had a spare tire and safety chains ripped off in Trelands parking lot twenty five years ago. The bottom line is if it can happen down south it happens here just lock everything when using any parking lots and don't advertise by leaving things in you car or truck that can be easily seen. Most people that live here are honest good folks but we do have good number of bad guys living up here also.