Trip to Detroit with my daughter was a success. She did not cash in the bowling part. Finished in the middle of the pack with over 2000 youth bowlers competing. It was a great opportunity for both of us to spend time together. Do not get many opportunities with our busy schedules. On a note, and I am glad to be back in God's Country. To many people and too much traffic for this South Dakota Fisherman.

Now to the fishing. Fishing has been excellent for the guides and to the majority of boats staying here. We are catching 40 to 80 plus fish per day. Our fish are running from 14 to 19 inches. We are fishing both Lake Francis Case and Lake Sharpe. Kiowa to the Big Bend Dam. Also scattered reports of some fish being caught from Chamberlain to the White River. 10 to 15 foot has been best unless you decide to fish the fast water. 21 to 25 foot there. On Lake Sharpe the bit has mostly been from North Shore to West Bend. A little deeper up there. Mostly from 20 to 30 feet. All nightcrawlers and spinners. If you are a guy who like to pull crankbaits, there is a bite there also.

Here is my report starting July 20th (when I got back from Detroit).

July 20 I had a group out from Lincoln, Ne and Des Moines, IA. We had an excellent day of fishing. The boys had a blast. We caught over 100 walleyes and catfish. Outstanding action and a fun day.

July 21 I had a group out from Fridley and Northfield, MN. We had an excellent fishing trip. Our group caught 110 fish. Another excellent day and great fishing action. Again we caught walleyes and catfish.

On July 22 I had a group out from Mead and Omaha, NE. Had a wonderful day with this family. We caught 60 fish. Great action and a great trip.

July 23 I had a family on vacation from Indianapolis, IN. Group had a fantastic time fishing for South Dakota Walleyes. We caught 60 to 65 fish. Great action for the family. Outstanding way to start out their vacation to the Black Hills.

July 24 we had a company afternoon trip, with most of the guys from South Dakota. We had 5 boats on this trip and had an excellent time. My boat caught 35 fish. We left Chamberlain at 1:00 and returned at 5:45. Pretty good for an afternoon with no wind.

July 25 off.

July 26 I had a couple from the Lincoln, NE area. (Raymond, NE). Outstanding fishing day. We made a small change of venue in search of some more size and also to see some different country. We caught 35 to 40 fish with a dandy stringer of walleyes.

July 27 and 28 I had a family out from Harlan, IA. Also with this group was guide Eric Steichen. We had 2 awesome days of fishing. Between the 2 boats we caught over 300 fish in the 2 days. The kids had an awesome time. Great action. They want to make this an annual family trip.

July 29 I had a group out from Wilmar, MN. Their first trip with our service. We battled some cold weather and wind to catch 55 fish. Very good trip with lots of walleye action.

July 30 We had a group out with 5 boats. (Guides Garry Allen, Eric Steichen, Brian Ward, Curt Nepple, and myself) We started at 5:30 a.m. Almost fishing in the dark. Very good sunrise bite. All boats full by 10:00 a.m. I was fortunate to stop on the right spot this morning and had my customers limit by 7:45 a.m. We ended up catching 70 fish by 11:30 a.m.

Word of note about our fishing area. With the colder weather the water temp has dropped 5 degrees in a week. In most areas this would mean a slowdown or stop in the bite. Our area is still producing limits of walleyes with very good numbers. Pretty amazing. We have had many groups in the past 2 weeks that have been going other places, but now have booked their corporate group with us for next year. Between our guide staff, customer service, and we can catch fish in almost any weather. Makes our area and service the best choice to try and guarantee a great fishing experience.

Looks like we have a busy August coming up. If you want to book a fantastic fishing trip give us a call at 1-800-435-5591. Also do not forget to check out our facebook page for up to the minute fishing pictures.

Until next time
Mike Allen