www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: attaching Flourocarbon to superline

Default attaching Flourocarbon to superline

Herbie,

Is a double Uni good for this? I want to eliminate the barrel swivel between the flouro (80lb) and the Invisibraid (80lb). My problem is that when I cinch down the two opposing Uniknots, the superfine winds up sliding into the flouro knot. In other words, the flouro "swallows" the uniknot on the super-line and cinches over the line. And then I say a few bad words.

-Dan

tighten it up a bit and wet it before drawing it down tight,see ya soon!!
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

Web Site: http://www.andymyerslodge.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Herbeck View Post
    tighten it up a bit and wet it before drawing it down tight,see ya soon!!
    Does spit all over my hands and dripping on to the couch count as wet enough?

See ya soon...I'm losing my mind with the anticipation, but the guys are keeping me in check. I got a litle sloppy/lazy last year, but I'm going to tighten things up. When you see the big girls follow tell em I'm comin' and I'm bringing war with me...

Default Try a saltwater knot called slim beauty....

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Does spit all over my hands and dripping on to the couch count as wet enough?

See ya soon...I'm losing my mind with the anticipation, but the guys are keeping me in check. I got a litle sloppy/lazy last year, but I'm going to tighten things up. When you see the big girls follow tell em I'm comin' and I'm bringing war with me...
    Go to Netknots.com there is animated video...it is a knot made especially for heavy flouro leader connection....I used it in june for Muskies and Lakers..good results...
    Cant hurt..

Good luck