www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: New to flowage

Default New to flowage

Heading up for a family vacation and want to fish the big chip. I was going to the landing in the middle of the lake on the north. I dont want any secret spots or anything, but was wndering if someone could tell me a few places? I will be fishing muskie and then panfish with the kids. Thanks a bunch for any help!

Mark

Mark

The best advice I could give anyone that has never fished the flowage is to hire a guide even for a half day trip and you could save yourself a lot of time and money. There are some very good guides that fish the flowage and if you ask around at some of the tackle stores they can help find one based on what type of fishing you would like to do. Right now you should be able to find pan fish in deeper cribs and brush and using small jigs and plastic baits you can catch everything from walleyes to crappies on the same brush piles. If your looking to fish for muskies right now I would spend my time fishing any of the bars fishing early and late in the day. You can locate these bars using any good map of the flowage. There are no real secrets just try to fish a small area and learn it well and then stick with the places that you see fish. Hope this helps and good luck.

The bogs just west of you will have panfish. Try fishing the bogs a couple hours before sundown all the way until just after sundown with crappie tubes and worms and you'll catch quite a few but not a lot of big ones. The larger panfish are on the cribs which are scattered all over the lake in depths of 16 to 20 feet mainly. You might want to ask someone to mark a map for the cribs though. They are a little tough to find.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Directly across from the landing is a decent floating bog, even farther West is a larger bog that seems to hold a lot of fish. Boats will look like they are parallel parked against the shore however they are fishing the bog. Around that bog most of the water depth is 15'deep. Minnows, tube jigs, and worms can yield a lot of fish. Fish close to the bog with a bobber at various depths for fish. Also, sometimes certain parts of the bog can be better, move around a bit if your not having any luck.
    Also for panfish, look in various bays or spots for weeds. We were up last week and did very well for the crappie in random weed beds. Slip bobber a 3-4' deep with a minnow or tube jig. Just find decent weeds

For musky try blades or a topwater, a dark pacemaker is always a good choice.

PM if you have any questions, I would be happy to help.