www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Gulp alive by berkley

Default Gulp alive by berkley

I release 99% of the fish I catch. I've never used Gulp Alive and I wonder if it is really safe for fish to injest ? The Linders use it in their video. Does that mean that the product causes no harm to released fish ?

I've used gulp alive almost exclusively for jigging walleyes the past few years, and rarely do they actually do more than nip the tail of the lures off. They'll tear a grub, for sure, but I replace those before loosing much at all of the body. Not to say that isn't enough to harm a fish, but it has to be better than vinyl twister tails. I would also venture to guess that many probably spit the bit of tail out once they bite it off and realize it isn't real. Maybe not, but I've seen plenty of bass and gills do that instead of swallowing the artificial they've taken from me.

Ultimately, my goal is catch walleye to eat, so while I certainly don't want to kill fish unnecessarily, I am looking to keep the fish I catch when I use Gulp. Also, I would guess that if they can eat and digest the pincher of a crawdad, they may not have much trouble with gulp if it is designed to breakdown in their digestive systems.

At least at this point, without information to the contrary, I choose to believe so.

Ryan