www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Musky Report

Talking Musky Report

Herbie,
    Coming up next Friday... Counting down the days... Give me a heads up on what to expect for the Big Gals... Water temps., Rock, Weeds, Baits, Colors, any special patterns emerging this year? Last year the weather was hotter then a depot stove... I can hardly wait...

Cheers,
    John

john,
    water temps were high 70's,got good wind thurs nite with a storm and fri all day followed by a cool down to more normal temps in the 70's.water temps fri pm when i was out was 73,cool nite should be 71-72 today. boated fish every day/or pm out last week. scott 50,todd 51,sol 49,49,48,his buddy first 50 and bunch of 38-46.
    big girls should rock this week.look for less follows unless coming serious.
    both weeds which look awesome now and rocks. mostly blades and some topwater with a few ripped cranks and dawgs mixed in.
    good luck!!
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

Web Site: http://www.andymyerslodge.com

I will be heading up in mid August and staying in Portage Bay. Does it seem the Muskies are preferring a moderate retrieve on the 10's, slow or having the 10's being burned?

Thanks,

Mike

Try Fast and slow and everything in between (bulging, pump and grind, varied, s turns, etc...). They will tell you how they want it. Good luck great body of water....

in terms of how many you get to actually bite out or come in hot and trigger at the boat generally fast is better. want to see more fish slower and deeper but difficult to trigger. if fishing deeper rocks or fast breaks a combo of slower then speed last 1/3 with a lift and flair can work good.
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

Web Site: http://www.andymyerslodge.com