www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Musky Bite mid-early July 2013

Default Musky Bite mid-early July 2013

Attachment 20446Attachment 20447Attachment 20448Attachment 20449Attachment 20450Attachment 20451Attachment 20452Attachment 20453Attachment 20454

Muskies have been feeding heavily with intermittent periods of reduced activity during post frontal conditions. The biggest fish in the system are finally moving and eating well following several sightings and a decent number of encounters in June. Overall, action has been excellent averaging contact with a fish (raise, hookup, follow, catch) over 1 fish per hour every time on the water thus far in the month of July. Multiple fish days have been the norm with many other opportunities. Largest fish in the boat so far this season have been 48.5 and 49.5; both caught in the last week. 49 muskies in boat so far this season in northern WI and 18 over 40" mark. Productive baits and patterns have varied from lake to lake but the deep water bite continues to be good-great and the omnipresent weed fish have been very accessible and cooperative on most bodies of water. Look for a shift in bait fish locations now that major bug hatches have subsided. Night bight is also going strong though my after dark effort has been limited. Topwaters and bucktails most popular. Also straight-retrieving deep diving cranks/rubber/hybrid baits has produced some late-night brutes. Day time water temps on medium to large lakes 74-78. AM temps 73-75. Tight Lines.

Capt Jeff Van Remortel
    WDH Guide Service
    www.wisconsinmuskyfishingguide.com

Default Now that's a fishing report

Nice job. Keep em coming
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptJeffVanRemortel View Post
    Attachment 20446Attachment 20447Attachment 20448Attachment 20449Attachment 20450Attachment 20451Attachment 20452Attachment 20453Attachment 20454

Muskies have been feeding heavily with intermittent periods of reduced activity during post frontal conditions. The biggest fish in the system are finally moving and eating well following several sightings and a decent number of encounters in June. Overall, action has been excellent averaging contact with a fish (raise, hookup, follow, catch) over 1 fish per hour every time on the water thus far in the month of July. Multiple fish days have been the norm with many other opportunities. Largest fish in the boat so far this season have been 48.5 and 49.5; both caught in the last week. 49 muskies in boat so far this season in northern WI and 18 over 40" mark. Productive baits and patterns have varied from lake to lake but the deep water bite continues to be good-great and the omnipresent weed fish have been very accessible and cooperative on most bodies of water. Look for a shift in bait fish locations now that major bug hatches have subsided. Night bight is also going strong though my after dark effort has been limited. Topwaters and bucktails most popular. Also straight-retrieving deep diving cranks/rubber/hybrid baits has produced some late-night brutes. Day time water temps on medium to large lakes 74-78. AM temps 73-75. Tight Lines.

Capt Jeff Van Remortel
    WDH Guide Service
    www.wisconsinmuskyfishingguide.com

Default Water levels

Quote Originally Posted by fishinjoe View Post
    Nice job. Keep em coming
    Hi,
    Is the water level, in the chain, up or down compared with last year?
    Last year seemed a little low and I was having trouble getting out of the boat to the pier ( bad hip). I thought that I heard that it was up this year.
    Any info would be appreciated.