www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Report June29-July6

Default Report June29-July6

I have obtained a lot of useful information on this site and wanted to return the favor.

I was up the last week visiting my folks with my family; brother's family and sister's family and was able to fish @ 5-7 hours a day, provided golf, kids etc, did not interfere. The first few days we saw a few fish in the upper 30 to lower 40 inch range but they were following lazily and did not get any real action until the night of July 1st. After enjoying a bone in ribeye at the Chippewa Inn (some of the best steak anywhere, my brother Dan and I went out for a couple hours. I picked up the 48.5" on a Cowgirl at 8:45; then Dan caught a 44" at 10:00 on a Pacemaker at our last spot and probably our last couple of casts. Hopefully I have uploaded the pictures correctly.

The Flowage went dead for a couple days as we did not see anything then July 4th Dan caught a 40" on a bucktail and July 6th he caught a 33" on a Stillwater, this fish was also on the last cast of his trip. Unfortunately, I do not have pictures of these fish.

[B]BAITS: Basically we throw bucktails (Cowgirls, ghosttails); Burt baits and some type of Sennett topwater.

We fish all the popular locations, bars with weeds but not to be named of course, and saw most fish early or late. The 44 came on a spot that we just started fishing within the last year. I haven't seen any muskie anglers on the spot; it sees a lot of boat traffic during the day and my son told me to fish it at night without boats flying by. We named it Bar O.

Good luck to all, i hope to go up for a weekend in the next couple of weeks.

Doug Hardy

Nice fish Douglas. Those are some thick fish. They look more like fall fish than anything. thanks for the report and sorry we missed you when you were up.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com