Fishing has been very good to excellent in the Chamberlain area and on Lake Sharpe. Heard some reports of fish being caught from Boyers area to North of White River. Also a good bite from Crow Creek to the dam. 10 to 15 feet has been best. On Lake Sharpe bite has been good from Lower Brule to Iron Nation. Depths of water have been all over the map. 8 foot down to 50 feet. Mostly Crawlers with some action on minnows. Smallmouth fishing has been fair to good depending on the wind. Lots of 18 plus inchers if you find the right school. The guides are catching 50 to 100 plus fish per day.

If you want to hire a guide, this is the place. We have the best staff in the business. All of our guides work together to make sure that all the groups have a successful fishing trip. With our courteous staff and awesome fishing you will have a trip of a lifetime. Our specialty is guiding women and kids. Just look at the pictures and see the smile on their faces. It says it all.

Here is my report for the week. Some of my overall numbers are down, because I have been targeting trophy smallies quite a bit this week. Not always catching huge numbers of smallies, but catching some monsters.

June 24 and 25 I had a group out from Des Moines, IA. We caught 155 fish in 2 days. Both with limits of walleyes and smallies. John says it is some of the best smallmouth fishing he has seen with both size and numbers.

June 26 and June 27 I had a family out from Grand Island, NE. Logan youngest of the group showed the men how to catch the fish. We caught 135 fish in 2 days. On day 1 we had a limit of walleyes and caught 25 smallies with 5 over 18. On day 2 Logan caught 2 smallies over 18. Along with our dandy limit of walleyes.

June 28 and 29 I guided part of a group from Hermann, MO. We had 7 boats out of this group all with limits by 11:00 a.m. both days. My boat caught 135 fish in 2 days with a good smallmouth bite on day 2.

June 30 I guided a group from Chamberlain, SD. Was a birthday present. They needed to make a baseball game at 2:00. Limit of walleyes by 8:50 a.m. Also Ryan caught his biggest smally ever that morning. We caught 45 fish by 10:30 a.m.

July 1 I had a group out from Yankton, SD, Sioux City, and Arizona. We fished a short day and caught 40 fish. The kids (age 4 and 7) had a blast. It does not get much better.

Enjoy your 4th of July. Spending mine, fishing with my kids in the morning and tubing in the afternoon. Should be an excellent day.

Until next time
Mike Allen