www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Southern Wisconsin Fishing Reports

1. Default Southern Wisconsin Fishing Reports

Fishing remains good on area lakes despite bug hatches, strange rainy severe weather and dirty water conditions. I have poured over eleven inches out of my rain gauge the past few weeks forcing some area lakes to enforce a slow no wake ordinance. (Delavan, Waubesa, Monona, and Rock River/Lake Koshkonong).
    A few years ago, I believe back in 2008 this same situation occurred and resulted in some of the best fishing I can remember with nothing but fishing boats left on the lakes!

Walleyes: On inland lakes the Mayflies have finished hatching it has been more of a slow trickle hatch rather than a massive one. The walleyes are using weeds and moving on deeper rock bars in the evening. Night crawlers and leeches are the top producer; however some active fish in the shallower weeds are being caught on Gulp! Either pitched or snap jigged on Bait Rig 1/16 Slow Pokes work my crawler/leech thru weeds and grass, and then using 1/16 to 1/8 Odd Balls on the rocks. Slow trolling smaller spinners over weed flats has also come into play the last week.

On Lake Koshkonong trolling shad raps, salmo hornet, flicker shads have worked well over the mud and weeds, also taking pike, white bass, and crappie. In the river a Bait Rigs bright colored ¼ 0z Odd ball jig with a half of night crawler worked along slack water edges, or pitching into wood has worked best.

Panfish: Crappies are done spawning....We have just moved out deeper found them suspended along the weed edges. Small plastics like Mini-Mites or Mimic Minnows under a stick bobber is still the BEST method... Some days just cast and retrieving works better the bobbers to slow the presentation down when the bite was tough. Bluegills are still bedding on most area lakes they’re moved out to deeper water 6 to 8 feet.

Muskies: With the changing weather and storms, muskies have been active We are getting a look or two every time out, and definite feeding windows around moon phases are evident. Fish are using weeds, and shallow rock structures. We have been working smaller bulldogs along the deep weed lines.

Catfish: Are very active during low light conditions, some running very big like over ten pounds. Lindy rigged live suckers and cut bait.

I have a few openings so if interested please contact sooner than later

Good Luck
    Scott Hill
    608-921-8980
    Fishing Thrills Guide Service
    Scott Hill

Web Site: http://www.fishingthrills.com

2. Default

As of 10:00 A.M. July 5, 2013 the Slow No Wake has been lifted on Delavan Lake, Lake Kegonsa, Lake Waubesa and Lake Monona...
    Last edited by Fishing Thrills Guide Service; 07-05-2013 at 09:14 PM.
    Scott Hill

3. Default

7/01 A.M. Delavan Lake; Sunny, Wind S.E 5-10, Water 71, High Water and Slow No Wake made moving from spot to spot a long process during moves I have been putting out my trolling poles and have been surprised with the results. When we contacted fish the best presentation was casting night crawlers or leeches with a plain hood and a split shot or Gulp Minnow. Found fish biting along deep weed lines 16-18 feet of water. We caught a mixed bag 9 large mouth, 4 walleyes, 2 Pike, and a bunch of bluegills.

7/02 A.M. Lake Geneva; Sunny, Wind S.E 5-10, Water 71, the best presentation was casting a night crawlers or leeches with a plain hood and a split shot. Found fish biting along flats 10 feet and deep breaks lines 15-18 feet of water. We caught a mixed bag 7 large mouth, 2 Smallmouth and a bunch of bluegills. Good locations where near Coleman Point, Crawford Bay, and Conference Point

7/2 P.M. Geneva; Sunny, Wind E 15-20 , Water 71, the wind made boat control and limited fishing locations. The best presentation was casting a night crawlers or leeches with a plain hood and a split shot. We did catch Alex’s first and largest bass a 19” that wanted to pull his pole in a few times. Again found fish biting along flats 10 feet and deep breaks lines 15-18 feet of water. We caught a mixed bag 2 large mouth, 2 Smallmouth and a few of those rockbass & bluegills. Good locations where near Coleman Point, Conference Point.

7/4 A.M. Lake Koshkonong, Sunny, Wind S-5 Water 69, Spent the morning fun fishing with a close friend. The best presentation was trolling #5 Jointed Shad Raps along color changes in the water caught a mixed bag two keeper sized walleye and a bunch of stripe bass, a few crappie.
    Scott Hill