www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Last weeks trip

Default Last weeks trip

was up for the week, got skunked, may have had two hits but could not confirm them. The wind sure cursed me with my alumacraft, all week. Noticed really good weed growth all over, totem island looked especially prime, noted lots of bait fish but alas could not wake up a musky. Was fishing a reedy point of an island on Thur night and had a good hit on a classic pflueger globe grey with the red head. Was getting dark so could not see what it was too well. Went back the next morning and had another hit at the exact same spot, though not quite as hard. Worked around with a pacemaker, no luck then went back with a hog wobbler, placed a couple of cast perfectly and nothing then put a cast spot on but had a little backlash, so the lure sat a momement as I undid it. Then when I tightned the line and moved the lure, whoooosh, down it went and the rod loaded up, yahoo, began pulling in but it felt like dead weight, then up pops this very large snapping turtle head with my hog wobbler stuck to his chin and front leg. Got him to the boat and we looked at each other, I used telepathy and thought, you better get the hooks out or I will have to cut your leg off. It worked,course I would not have cut his leg off, but wanted him to consider that. I kept him high and he managed to get both hooks off and went his merry way. Did get a few small northerns but nothing else. Boy the lake ought to be popping soon with all the great weed growth, temp has gotten to about 76 already so I would get up soon, before it gets in the 80's like last year. Dean

Sounds tough. Thanks for the report.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com